Gardening hobbyist takes a lot of effort in taking care of their plants. From finding a good growing spot with enough sunlight, spacing them properly, sticking to correct watering schedules, pulling weeds, and providing nutrients are taken care of. However, you need a soil conditioner that will transform an average plant into robust and healthy ones.
What really is the soil conditioner?
It is a mixture, which is added to soil that lacks nutrients. Poor soil can stunt the plant’s growth because of the lack of nutrients and poor water absorption. When the HGO soil conditioner is incorporated the soil properties improve because nutrients get released slowly. Plants can absorb these with ease as soon as you water the plants after incorporating the soil conditioner.
Overall effects of soil conditioner
First, the soil conditioner creates a very encouraging arrangement for plants to absorb minerals and water. A crystal structure forms pockets for roots, allowing them to absorb sufficient water. It even controls their water intake – not getting too dry to water-logged. The conditioner has nutrients, which get absorbed as soon as the soil receives water.
Minerals get lowly released, which easily reaches the roots. There is also less need for other soil additives and supplements. Thus maintenance is kept low.
Silica in the soil conditioner
Natural silica forms crystals, which allows water retention at the roots without drowning them. It offers a perfect water absorption condition. Plants can grow strong and handle weather stress and potential diseases.
Silica works into the phloem and xylem of the plant to maintain its health. Silica works with other nutrients, which are crucial for the overall plant health. These are available naturally in the soil prepared to grow the plant.
Nutrients that work in synch with Silica soil conditioner
- Calcium – Promotes root development and helps protein synthesis.
- Phosphate – Roots access minerals and help to break them for easy use and promote growth.
- Magnesium – It helps in the photosynthesis process and activates enzyme needed for plant growth.
- Soluble potash – It is a blend of salt and potassium, which helps absorption and transportation of nutrients, sugar, and water from the roots to the xylem.
- Iron – It gives plants oxygen and healthy color.
- Manganese – The processes like photosynthesis, chloroplast formation, synthesis of enzymes, and nitrogen metabolism ate dependent on manganese.
- Sulfur – Reduces sodium content in soil.
- Zinc – It helps to increase growth hormones and defines the height of the plant.
Soil conditioners are a great option for edible gardens. Backyard crops can yield more with a consistent supply of important nutrients.